Ear Infections in Children
An ear infection is an inflammation of the middle ear, usually caused by bacteria, that occurs when fluid builds up behind the eardrum. Anyone can get an ear infection, but children get them more often than adults. Five out of six children will have at least one ear infection by their third birthday. In fact, ear infections are the most common reason parents bring their child to a doctor. The scientific name for an ear infection is otitis media (OM).
Media Type: Html
- SourceUrl: https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/ear-infections-children
- Syndication ID: 16701
- Language: English
- Source: National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
- Date Content Authored: Friday, May 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM
- Date Syndication Captured: Friday, May 19, 2017 at 03:01 PM
- Date Syndication Updated: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 12:47 AM
TagsPreview 0 Users liked this content.
Embed Code Snippet
To get the embed code snippet please Login.