HHS Syndication Storefront

The HHS Syndication Storefront allows you to syndicate (import) content from many HHS websites directly into your own website or application. These services are provided by HHS free of charge.

Search Media Items

Filter results by:

Newest Syndicated Content


Preventing Chronic Disease | Text Messaging to Motivate Exercise Among Latino Adults at Risk for Vascular Disease: A Pilot Study, 2013 - CDC

behavior change  CDC  Preventing Chronic Disease  PCD  Latino adults  atherosclerotic risk factors  text messaging 

In 2013, we administered a 15-item survey to determine the extent of text message usage among Latino adults in Kansas; for a subset of the survey participants, we also conducted a 6-week pilot trial to determine the effect of text messaging on exercise behaviors. Among the 82 survey participants, 78% had unlimited text messaging. At baseline, all trial participants were at the stage of contemplation; at 6 weeks, one (9%) trial participant remained at the contemplation stage and the other 10 (91%) participants progressed to the action/maintenance/termination stage. Use of text messaging to motivate exercise is feasible and potentially efficacious among Latinos.

Preview   0 Users liked this content.