Who Is at Risk for Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
The risk of sudden cardiac arrest increases with age and is higher in men and may be higher in blacks. The major risk factor for sudden cardiac arrest is coronary heart disease, but there are other risk factors such as known arrhythmia or personal or family history of sudden cardiac arrest or heritable forms of arrhythmia.
Media Type: Html
- SourceUrl: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/subscribe/3531
- Syndication ID: 4142
- Language: English
- Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Date Content Published: Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 12:00 PM
- Date Syndication Captured: Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 03:46 PM
- Date Syndication Updated: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 12:46 AM
Embed Code Snippet
To get the embed code snippet please Login.