What Causes a Stroke?
Buildup of plaque and blood clots causing blockage of an artery that supplies oxygen-rich blood to the brain can cause an ischemic stroke, while sudden bleeding from causes such as high blood pressure can result in a hemorrhagic stroke.
Media Type: Html
- SourceUrl: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/subscribe/3840
- Syndication ID: 4132
- Language: English
- Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Date Content Published: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 12:00 PM
- Date Syndication Captured: Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 03:13 PM
- Date Syndication Updated: Saturday, January 09, 2021 at 12:43 AM
Embed Code Snippet
To get the embed code snippet please Login.