What Is Mitral Valve Prolapse?
Mitral valve prolapse is a condition in which the flaps of the mitral valve are floppy, or prolapsed, which can prevent the seal from forming, which results in a backflow of blood in the left atrium as blood is pumped through the heart.
Media Type: Html
- SourceUrl: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/subscribe/80252
- Syndication ID: 4101
- Language: English
- Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Date Content Published: Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 12:00 PM
- Date Syndication Captured: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 08:18 PM
- Date Syndication Updated: Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 12:42 AM
TagsPreview 0 Users liked this content.
Embed Code Snippet
To get the embed code snippet please Login.