Who Is at Risk for Atherosclerosis?
Certain traits, conditions, or habits may raise your risk for the disease. Major risk factors include unhealthy blood cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, smoking, insulin resistance, diabetes, being overweight, lack of physical activity, an unhealthy diet, older age, and family history of early heart disease.
Media Type: Html
- SourceUrl: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/subscribe/3808
- Syndication ID: 3967
- Language: English
- Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Date Content Published: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM
- Date Syndication Captured: Friday, March 11, 2016 at 02:04 PM
- Date Syndication Updated: Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 12:27 AM
Embed Code Snippet
To get the embed code snippet please Login.