Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
Every day, we experience sound in our environment, such as the sounds from television and radio, household appliances, and traffic. Normally, these sounds are at safe levels that don’t damage our hearing. But sounds can be harmful when they are too loud, even for a brief time, or when they are both loud and long-lasting. These sounds can damage sensitive structures in the inner ear and cause noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL).
Media Type: Html
- SourceUrl: https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/noise-induced-hearing-loss
- Syndication ID: 16706
- Language: English
- Source: National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
- Date Content Authored: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 12:00 PM
- Date Syndication Captured: Friday, May 19, 2017 at 03:16 PM
- Date Syndication Updated: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 at 12:07 AM
TagsPreview 0 Users liked this content.
Embed Code Snippet
To get the embed code snippet please Login.