LAM - Treatment
While there is no cure for LAM, doctors treat LAM with sirolimus (rapamycin), a medicine that stabilizes lung function, treats an abnormal fluid buildup in the lung called chylothorax, and improves overall quality of life. They may also prescribe other medicines or therapies to control other symptoms or complications.
Media Type: Html
- SourceUrl: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/subscribe/18395
- Syndication ID: 16226
- Language: English
- Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Date Content Published: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 12:00 PM
- Date Syndication Captured: Friday, November 18, 2016 at 04:33 PM
- Date Syndication Updated: Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 12:50 AM
Embed Code Snippet
To get the embed code snippet please Login.